Sunday, February 21, 2010

You're missing the point, Samir

What would you do if you had a million dollars all of the sudden? Or adjust the amount, to whatever amount you think would be enough so that you'd never have to worry about money again. Ever. What would you do? Would you watch tv and eat chips? Really, for 49 more years? That's it? I mean really. What.

I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Off the top of my head? I actually have an answer for this:

    I would surf, travel, and meet people across the world. I would purchase a home on the beach, maybe around home. Another in Bali, and an apartment in New York. I would buy my way into some prestigious PhD program and study something entirely devoted to helping others in the more bourgeois way - like global hunger, pandemics, whatever. I would surf, play music, live in cities, study, and be able to contribute to human development.

    I feel like I could probably do these things. Putting that aside, that's my current vision. Why? Because I like the water, I like surfing, I like spending time with people, I love traveling, and I like studying towards degrees, becoming an expert, and spending my life helping people (again, in the most "man of leisure" way possible).

    This just came to me, but makes sense. Maybe of course I'm fooling myself. Hold me to none of it.

    ReplyDelete