Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hello TV!

Here's my list of current tv shows.  Also known by housewives across the US as "my shows."

First the "dramas":
1) Lost
2) Damages
3) Fringe

Then the "thrillers":
1) Chuck
2) White Collar
3) Burn Notice

Then the "commedies":
1) 30 Rock
2) Community

And then the show that defies labels:
Gossip girl.

If a new episode of each of these shows comes out each week, then each week I will watch:
EIGHT HOURS OF TELEVISION. 

What else could I do with EIGHT HOURS? 

I've been having the beginnings of imaginary discussions with my deceased grandfather.  And he reminds me that I was raised to think of diversions - like TV - as a recharging experiece - what you do when you're too tired / worn to do anything else.  When your spirit is heavy.

But when you do it because you don't want to do what you SHOULD do - then it becomes a distraction rather than inspiration.

But maybe that's the larger point.  Distractions are distracting.  To be distracted is to change your focus from your path.  Whatever that path is.  And maybe that's the way to think it:  not shoulds, but paths.  And if you're not walking the path, switch it.  Or brace up.  But don't be distracted from it... be recharged on it.

I want a path.  A PATH!!!!

Think of all the people being distracted off their path.  I wonder the path loss of all the tv shows, internet surfing, etc.  I must not be alone. 

I wonder how to learn how to wander along the path.

THE PATH. 

This blog is like Lost.  This is the first clue.  There is something called... "The path."

- 29

No comments:

Post a Comment