Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dreams

My dreams as I remember them:

The first.  I am following my buddy and my high-school crush (and girl who I hung out with the night before) trying to talk with them.  At some point, our car goes on the wrong "track", and we perilously hang on a platform.  I heroically try to rebalance the car so it won't fall.  It doesn't, but she chides me for over-reaction.  What a fucking nerd.  I follow them both up a hill, behind trying to keep up.  Yeah.

The second.  I am in graduate school.  Or I'm trying to get into graduate school.  I'm back at Stanford, but only there because I used to go to school there.  I realize I can't actually go to a grad school that good, but can because of my connections.  I think about changing to the local state school, to save money...

Then I realize that I'm not taking an English course.  Suddenly, I'm back in highschool - and I haven't been going to my English class.  And I need four years to graduate... so I should never have graduated. 

Then, finally, I'm in class.  I'm asking the teacher (who plays a detective on Damages) for my grade - I've failed a section of the test.  It's ruined my grade, and now I can't finish graduate school because what would the point be?  My grades are now terrible anyway.

These are the parts of my dreams that I remember.  In one night.  I fell asleep feeling sick to my stomach, and woke up the same way.

I think I need to leave SB.

-29

3 comments:

  1. that's a dream about how you think I'm better than you, and you trying to reconcile it with your image of yourself, which doesn't/didn't allow for me before. yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way if you're leaving I'm coming with. I've been hankering for Montana

    ReplyDelete
  3. augustana- boston
    30 seconds to mars - kings and queens

    my two favorite songs right now.

    ReplyDelete