Monday, April 5, 2010

got my ass kicked

just had a dream. I was in a boxing match with my best friend from when I was little. there were adults running it, non-descript. the two that oversaw our match were the leaders, head coach and first assistant? it was never made clear. but I got in a fight with him before we were called (we were in some kind of boxing class/clinic/camp, or maybe it wasn't specifically for boxing. but that day we were boxing.) while we were running over to box, he ran ahead of me and I grabbed him and pinned him down, telling him something along the lines of "I run first". We got over there and started boxing. I was much bigger than my friend, and was confident. As the match went on, they started coaching him more and criticizing me. I was out of control, I kept fouling, hitting him in the back of the head and the like. he stood in, and got a few good combinations off on my face, though they didnt phase me in the slightest. but I was privy to the coaches conversation after we left, this being a dream and all. they were calling some higher level boxing person, telling him they might have someone. during the conversation they said that I was nothing but they might have something in my friend. then the dream sort of faded into something else. I dont know what it means. am I to learn even more humility? I know I can get high strung and panicky, but I dont remember that always being the way. I do remember beating my friends up a lot. only my friends, for some reason. it kind of woke me up to the reality of any sports aspirations. well fine, but what am i supposed to do instead? those were my only outlet. maybe I dont need them anymore. but it sure felt bad hearing my coach talk about me that way. even if he was right.

1 comment:

  1. just remembered the dream then faded into my grandmother showing me a picture of myself in profile and me realizing how ugly I was. guess I've decided to kick my own ass while I'm asleep. awesome.

    ReplyDelete